Thursday, August 31, 2017
Sunday, July 16, 2017
GREENWAYS (Safety Issues)
- The worsening safety problem on the geo-tube - See Brian Wray’s review, which you will find posted on our website. http://www.bikinhville.com/files/GreenwayImprove01.pdf
- David Hardin – What are the plans to provide SAFE crossing of the Greenway Trail over Bison Road? With several roads converging on the most likely crossing it is likely to be a danger. David has asked but no one has offered an answer.
NEW SHACKLE ROAD (David Hardin) Section of road completed with Wide Outside Lanes and side paths
- Signed for “Share the Road”, but current 40-mph speed limit too fast. Too many egresses are even hazardous for auto traffic at current speed limits (We have witnessed several near collisions as cars speed down from bridge over 386.). This entire section of road is not suitable for bicycle use, need to stay on side-path
- Road in bad need of repair not suitable for current heavy traffic.
- Issue: Why wasn’t the Shopping Center developers required to improve this road and what do we need to do to mitigate such problems in the future?
Sunday, May 21, 2017
OPEN Issues are:
- Sumner County Greenway connection to Cannons Crossing
- Progress on Walker Collaborate Report to Sumner County
- Relook at potential routes for Hendersonville Greenway to Cannons Crossing
- Forest Retreat and Hunt Lane Improvements
- Wessington Road repaving with bike lanes (and fixed drain grates).
- And OF COURSE what’s happening with Sanders Ferry Greenway